Please share this job posting with your communities and networks!
Applications Due: July 20, 1011
Start Date: September 1, 2011
Faith House Manhattan, an inter-religious community that works collaboratively with congregations and other organizations at the forefront of the interfaith movement, seeks a part-time Community Development Administrator to help build our community and develop our young organization. Must be an organized, timely administrator, who is self-motivated and proactive with strong communication and information technology skills.
The primary roles of this position include:
- Interacting with people about the community, participation, and donations
- Editing and distributing/posting communications, via enewsletters, mailings, and other social media outlets
- Tracking and reporting financial data (expenses, donations, etc.)
- Managing a web-based database of participants and donors
- Maintaining the Faith House calendar of events and meetings
- Responding to public inquiries (mostly through email)
- Maintaining and expanding our website
Recommended skills include:
- Social skills with diverse constituents
- Tech savvy, with knowledge of Salesforce, CMS platforms like Wordpress, Google AdWords and Analytics
- Experience in social media engagement and marketing
- Financial experience with bookkeeping and accounting
- Strong writing abilities for blog posts, letters, and eNewsletters
This person will minimally have a bachelor’s degree with background in community development and an avid interest in faith-based communities and/or the interfaith movement.
The Community Development Administrator will attend weekly staff meetings and participate in two to three Faith House programs each month in the evenings or weekend. The person contracted for this position will work primarily from home with the ability to travel throughout Manhattan for meetings and events.
Please visit our website, www.faithhousemanhattan.org, to learn more about our community and our programs.
Job Type & Compensation: This is a part-time position that will require 50 hours per month (averaging 12 hours per week). Payment will be $1000 per month ($20 per hour). Hours and pay may increase as organization grows.
To apply for this opportunity, send a cover letter, resume, and list three references by Wednesday, July 20, 2011 to Bowie Snodgrass, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled in August. Requests for additional information may also be sent to this email address.